"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"
-- Thornton Wilder, Our Town

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Blog Assignment 5

Eagle Nest Radio and Class Blog
First of all these kids sound too adorable! I love how professional they sound in the podcast. The sound very well rehearsed also. It looks like they have a lot of fun in their class as well. They get to do a lot of cool things with technology. It seems to me that they have learned a lot in their class.It makes me feel better about doing my podcast to know that 3rd graders can do so well.

Langwitches
I just read their blog "Podcasting with First Grade". I loved these kids enthusiasm and how they wanted to "get into people's computers and iPods too". That's so awesome! I also like that the took one and story and could incorporate all the kids. It was a very cool idea.

100 Ways to Use Your iPod to Learn and Study Better"
This was incredibly helpful. I never realized how many things there were to put on your iPod. The link to Learning Podcast was also very helpful. The links they list could also be helpful in our group podcasts.

2 comments:

  1. Those kids were very adorable. I kept saying "Awww!" through the whole thing so I had to go back and listen again to see what they were talking about. And I never knew all the different apps an iPod had either. The high school student we watched about 2 weeks ago who planned the iSchool introduced me to an entirely different side of the iPod.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent post Emily!

    As you said in a couple of places students do get excited about podcasting. There are many reasons for this including; Its something new and technological, they get to record themselves, and they get to work together. Podcasting has all of the necessary ingredients to produce meaningful and memorable learning experiences.

    Your blog looks great. Your "About Me" gadget should be at the top on the right column. Otherwise, keep up the good work. SS

    ReplyDelete