"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"
-- Thornton Wilder, Our Town

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Additional Assignment #1

I just watched Dr. Strange's video on Google Squared and Wolfram Alpha. Both I found very interesting! They both seem to be extremely helpful when it comes to searching for information. I like the format of both of them because they aren't very complicated. It is very easy to find exactly what you are looking for. I had never heard of either of the sites before this assignment, but I will have to use them in the future! Looking back to the video "Did You Know?", it puts all of that info into perspective. It's like we all know China and India have huge populations, but you don't really realize just how many people live there until you have the numbers lined up for you. It's crazy to think how many people live in just a square mile as well. I definitely enjoyed learning a little about these two sites.



The food for thought was amazing! I find it incredible that an illiterate six year could probably use in iPad better than I could. I guess it goes to show that some technology can reach all people.

No comments:

Post a Comment