"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"
-- Thornton Wilder, Our Town

Sunday, October 10, 2010

C4T Summary #2

Mr. Russel Goerend is a 6th grade language arts and social studies teacher at Waukee Middle School in Waukee, Iowa. His first post I read was about using Evernote in his classroom. I found this post to be very cool. He uses this as a 1 on 1 conference tool. This allows him to review each one of his student's work as well as review their reading skills. This system also allows him to stay more organized with the iPad vs. a 3-ringed binder which he used to use.

His second post I read was a tour of his classroom with pictures. I loved the way he had his room set up and some of the things he uses. I liked his writer's notebook where he will post techniques that they learn during the year. In my opinion, this forces them to be creative. The other idea he uses is having the students organize the books themselves. I like this because when they read, the have to pay attention. They can't just go through the motions of reading. I really enjoyed Mr. Goerend's blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment